Saturday, September 10, 2005

Alright

So it is time for a break. I have been ironing, and ironing, and ironing more. Last Saturday, Shawn, Ed, Hanny and I went to Joann, where Hannah and I picked out fabric and the guys did something else? So, it was a SALE, so I bought lots and then washed them, and today I ironed them. Anyway, yesterday I sewed a dress from one selection of coordinating fabrics. It turned out pretty good, I think. My serger came a couple days ago, I think I love it. I managed to change the threads without having to rethread it manually, so that was a relief.
Last Lords day a pal of ours, Nick, was in town, so we went out to Jen's to visit. We stayed over night, it was a good time. I'm not sure what happened in between then and now. Shawn was sick for a couple days, just the sniffles and sore throat, he's better now. Um, last night I hung out with a few ppl from church and played a silly game, that was fun too.

I gotta get sewing.

4 comments:

amy said...

so about these dresses.. might you have any pictures? :D

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that your new tool will be to your liking...so nice when that happens.
Mike and Peggy are here for a couple of nights, so nice to have family drop by..they are on their way to visit Mike's parents..sounds like Mike's dad is still enjoying golfing (he is in his 80s)weather cloudy and overcast. Greet Shawn-boy for me.

love ya
XO

Manda said...

Speaking of ironing, could you please bring yours tomorrow? :) I am the dunce who remembered to look for mine at G&L's as I was running in the house to grab the last load of laundry/baby/kid STUFF, but forgot all about it a second later. I have Lonna's sewing machine, her cutting mat, and her rotary cutter. I don't have a stitch ripper though. Think we'll need one?

Jody said...

Starts to chant, "we want pictures, we want pictures, we want..yeah I think you know what. :D"