
So I still haven't taken pictures. But these are similar to our apartment in Mission, TX, they just need to be inverted.Yep, we're in Mission on a mission. Shawn's working as a traveling nurse here temporarily, at this point he has an 8 week contract at a local hospital here. We're seeking to bust debt so he can go to seminary full time and not have to work full time at the same time!
So, things are good. We're looking for a church to fellowship with while we're here. Because Shawn had to work last night we'll just be going to an evening service tonight. While he slept most of the day I watched a few video sermons online and read a bit of a book on prayer by Bunyan. Its so easy to go through the motions of prayer and not actually do it sincerely, which is VAIN. I am such a religious person, I am repenting.
2 comments:
Glad to hear you're doing well, and sorry we missed you when you were in town. We're still trying to get over our colds. :( Anyway, I listened to a great sermon today on prayer and being cumbered about with serving. It was by Dr. Alan Cairns. Here's the address: http://www.sermonaudio.com/search.asp?SpeakerOnly=true&currSection=sermonsspeaker&keyword=Dr.^Alan^Cairns
Nice apartment!
Holly P.
Honey, I sure do identify with your last comment....I think we are truely blessed to be that way, and that the Lord has been so merciful to us as a family to have so many years of great teaching, teaching of the scriptures that anchors us... I had those thoughts of how truely *Religious* I am when traveling on the Grey Hound bus back from Amanda's wedding... the little blind lady that got on the bus with her seeing eye dog...she was sitting there sweetly running through her hands the prayer beads and crosses that some Catholics use while they pray... I commented to your dad,that the picture of the religious woman was of me, if I'd not had all the teaching over the years since I was 18 and recognized the call of the Lord to live for Him...when I responded to being Elect..you know what I mean... I am a very religious person, so thankful for the Lord's release to rest in Christ.
nice to see how your digs look.
xxoo
~mom`
Post a Comment