In response to Kathy's questions:
No we didn't do the painting. I believe most of it was done by Evie and Marion, two sisters and daughters of our pastor, one of whom lived in the apartment with her family prior to us. I am very thankful for it being nice already and that I don't have to lift a brush!
I am getting used to Michigan. At first the grocery store was annoying, trying to find things and them not being where I would think. But after a few trips, made without being rushed, I can get around. I really love the variety at this major grocery chain here, they have everything! They are kind of like Walmart, except more thoughtful. They have a lot of variety which includes specialty items, they carry all kinds of natural foods like you might find at a health food store, but they are scattered all through out the store instead of in one natural area. http://www.meijer.com/home.jsp
I pretty much can find my way around now. I do confess that I've taken a few long ways or detours, but I am learning.
We did get a family doctor last week, it was way easier here than in NY! When we got one there we had to go meet him and get physicals etc before he would accept us as patients. But here we had to make just one phone call. :) I don't plan on seeing him much anyway, so I don't mind not knowing him.
Sewing room photos will come, I just haven't taken them yet.
Today I am doing laundry at my friends the Eshelmans' house. I usually do projects while I'm here, such as cutting out dresses or hats or what have you, the kids really like to watch and to help by doing small jobs for me (rolling lint off or throwing scraps into the trash). But today I forgot my cutting mat. Oops. So I am forced to have time to email and blog. :D It's not sunny today, but it's warmish. I think I might take a walk.
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Your home looks so cozy and nice. Glad to hear you are getting settled and enjoying it there.
Holly P
Thanks for posting pictures! It was neat to see the old place. Looks great! It really is a cozy nook, and we enjoyed our time there... at least we enjoyed it until George could walk. Got a bit cramped after that.
Post a Comment